Explore Palette Plus
An expanded version of the Explore Palette
- 12 Van Gogh® by Royal Talens watercolors: Transparent Yellow Medium, Permanent Red Light, Turquoise, Yellow Ochre, Quinacridone Rose, Phthalo Blue, Burnt Sienna, Permanent Blue Violet, Ultramarine Deep, Burnt Umber, Payne’s Grey, and Sap Green.
- 2 Mixing Pans featuring the same high-quality mixing surface as the palette.
- Measures 3-5/8" x 2-1/4" x 1/4" (~92mm x 64mm x 7mm) when closed.
- Rust-proof hinged aluminum case.
- Highly corrosion-resistant stainless steel watercolor pans.
- Includes a pocket-size color reference, and a reusable cloth drawstring logo pouch.
A Curated, Expanded Palette
The Explore Palette Plus includes the six Van Gogh® by Royal Talens pigments found in our Explore Palette and six additional useful colors for painting quickly on the go, including a range of browns, warm and cool blues, violet, and sap green. Every color has a high degree of transparency, lightfastness, and is certified non-toxic.
Clean Mixes, Earthy Tones
The primary triad of Transparent Yellow Medium, Quinacridone Rose, and Phthalo Blue create clean mixes around the color wheel, while the neutrals produce a range of earth tones, from grey to green to ochre.
We love the range of soft greys you can create from Burnt Sienna and Ultramarine Blue. Turquoise is useful for bright skies or cerulean seas. Pre-mixed sap green can be quickly tinted darker with Payne’s Grey, brightened with yellow, or neutralized with red. Permanent Blue Violet is beautiful for mixing into browns for tree trunks or creating vibrant sunsets.