Whether through our expedition-proven art supplies and accessories, online and in-person workshops, or interacting with the community, we strive to make good stuff and inspire people everywhere to create art every day.
We’re a small team of intrepid and enthusiastic artists, educators, and designers. We encourage a collaborative and open work environment where your voice matters and your opinion is welcomed and appreciated. In working here, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on the success of the business.
Hiring: Administrative Assistant
Applications due: June 21, 2021
Note that we will begin interviewing qualified candidates as soon as applications start coming in and may not wait until the application deadline to hire.
Do you enjoy working in a fun, open, engaging setting with a small team of people? Are you the detail master that can hold a team together? Do you want to put your top-notch organizational superpowers to good use? Then this is the job for you!
- Competitive pay, starting at $18/hour and increases commensurate with experience.
- Opportunities to grow as the business grows.
- Employee discounts on art supplies.
About the Role
Part-Time Administrative Assistant is an excellent communicator, taskmaster, and time manager, performing a wide variety of complex and highly responsible duties. They aid the Owners with complicated or routine administrative and technical details and serve as the initial point of contact with the public and staff. The Administrative Assistant provides backup support for the Operations team as needed and exercises a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- Combination of work-from-home and in-office work at our Art Toolkit shop in Port Townsend.
- Start-up environment, but we take our business seriously.
- 15 to 20 working hours per week (mornings, Mon-Fri) with potential to expand.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of executive or administrative, secretarial experience, including experience in a lead or supervisory capacity.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Mac systems and Google products (Pages, Keynote, Docs, Sheets). Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom, and Project Management Software familiarity are a plus.
- Some knowledge or exposure of Human Resource management a must.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and reliable. Excellent organizational skills and the ability to excel at details, multi-task, and work under pressure in an interrupt-driven environment.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, and a willingness to learn and grow.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to prepare correspondence independently.
- Demonstrated experience with creating systems and processes is a must.
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment
- This position requires a current and valid driver’s license and a personal vehicle.
- This role may require flexibility to accommodate urgent schedule changes or requests that may require periodic evening and weekend calendar checks.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to lift and move up to 40 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods; ascending/descending stairs, walk; use hands for fine motor skills, balance; bend and sit, and talk or hear.