What to expect
This is a live workshop that will take place on Zoom. During the workshop, you will have a chance to ask the instructor questions and connect with your fellow classmates. After the workshop, we’ll provide you with a recording to review on your own time.
We’ll be in touch the week of the course with instructions for connecting and additional information. Please remember to set a reminder for yourself, and adjust for your timezone. Tickets are non-refundable, but we may be able to transfer your ticket to another student if there is a wait list.
- A sketchbook with watercolor paper.
- Brushes: Use what you have and enjoy! Barbara suggests at least one natural hair brush to create splashy marks for the trees and at least one with a fine tip. She also enjoys daggers, such as the Rosemary R12 or R16 brush.
- Watercolors: when you sign up we’ll you a dot card with seven of Barbara’s favorite blossom colors: Holbein Shell Pink, Brilliant Pink, Lilac, Cobalt Violet Light, Sap Green, Terre Verte, and Umber.
- A sharp pencil or mechanical pencil. Optional pink colored pencil.
- Soft paper towel or tissue.
Barbara is an architect, author and urban sketcher. In her free time she draws and paints. She published a first book with her urban sketches made in Japan last year, and is working on a second book with paintings about arts & crafts in Japan. She’s fascinated by cherry blossoms and watercolors.