I recommend having the following supplies:
- Sketchbook: I recommend a minimum of 90lb paper for light watercolor/mixed-media use. I like Moleskine watercolor journals and Stillman and Birn Alpha and Beta softcover sketchbooks.
- Waterproof Pen: I recommend a waterproof pen such as a Sharpie Fine Pen or Copic Multiliner. You may also enjoy a brush pen or fountain pen. I love the Pentel Brush pen and Platinum Carbon Fountain Pen. Other popular fountain pens for sketching include the Lamy Safari and Sailor Fude 55 pen. You can learn more about a selection of the pens I use on my blog.
- Watercolors: please feel free to paint with what you have! The Essential Colors which include a warm and cool of each primary color is a great place to start if you are beginning.
- Brushes: I'll demonstrate with travel and water brushes which I like for their portability and convenience.
- Extras: clean paper towel (blue shop towels are my favorite). Optional: old toothbrush, small sponge scraps, spray bottle.
Here's a short video to take you to the North Cascades mountains, for an ink and watercolor demonstration. Enjoy!